Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What's in a Name?

What's in a name? Apparently more than we all would have thought.

Clearly some people had fake names, like Lady GaGa (Stefani Germanotta), Meat Loaf (Marvin Lee Aday), Eminem (Marshall Mathers), and Fergie (Stacy Ann Ferguson).

But did you know that stars like Charlie Sheen, Judy Garland, John Wayne and Mark Twain all have fake names? I had heard that actors who sign up for something, maybe the screen actors guild?, can't sign up under there name if it is already taken and so maybe these people had to do that.

But honestly Charlie Sheen's real name is Carlos Estevez...really? I didn't realize he was a Latino.

I just think its crazy that you never even realize some of these house hold names actually are fake. So since I am becoming a house-hold name I thought I'd tell yall my full name, William Reynolds Davis. But did you know that wasn't my original name?

Like many celebrities I had a name change to make it more "normal", or as normal as Reynolds could be. I was born with my traditional Icelandic name Reykholt Dalvík. and my brothers were born Magnús and Björn. My parents realized that when coming to America Reynolds, Martin and Brooks were much more suitable. Clearly they mistakenly named us all last names. Silly foreigners.

Totally kidding of coarse, as far as I know my name has always been what it is. But if I was a celeb it would be very likely that my real name would probably be Reykholt.

But does it really matter what we are named? Some people don't have middle names, some people go by there middle name, some people go by something completely random and don't get me started on women, they give up there last name usually (which I am all for by the way, I am anti dash)

I guess it makes since that parent's name us, because if children got to name themselves they'd be really dumb names, like "cookie" and "doggie" because I am pretty sure if my cousin Gabe got to name himself he would be Doggie Campbell and not Gabriel William Campbell, and don't listen to what anyone says, hes named after me.

I mean honestly I wouldn't mind having a different name sometimes. I have friends who call me Reyn (said like Wren). I like that its shorter, I would never officially change my name to it but I do like it. I mean first of all I can't say some words and as dumb as it sounds I am pretty sure I say Reynolds wrong.

I just feel like I am a complete idiot when I say my own name. Is this common or am I just in my own little dumb category?

Well I just thought I'd through this out there! Make sure to check out Reality With Reyn for updates on my favorite reality tv shows. I am hoping this will put us over 200 views this month!! whooot!

-Reyn

1 comment:

  1. OHMYGOD DEAD> I HATE HATE HATE saying my own name too. HATE IT. I feel like I say it wrong too. "Suz-anne" blahh.
    But I have like a trillion nicknames. Suzy, Suzy Q, Suzi J, Suzette, Suzabella, Suzu, Goose, Puker...Basically anytime anyone says a word I answer. Hahaha

    -Goose

    ReplyDelete