Thursday, March 3, 2011

Excuse me why do awkward humans act like the world owes them something?

LISTEN UP NERDS, DORKS, GEEKS, etc, yeah that means you. 


IF SOMEONE IS NICE TO YOU, DONT ACT ALL "I GOTTA CHIP ON MY SHOULDER AND SINCE YOU'RE AN ACCEPTABLE HUMAN IN SOCIETY I HATE YOU"


No no, not okay. I can't even tell you how many a time that I've been nice to an incredibly awkward human ( I seriously think ya'll are endearing ) and had them act RUDE to me! THIS IS WHY YOU'RE SOCIALLY AWKWARD! Because people TRY to be nice to you and you ASSUME that they're bad people! I get that you think you were picked on in high school because you liked Star Wars and expensive pens wayyy more than you should, but honestly, that's why you THINK you were picked on.


Those weren't the reasons.


The reason was that you were MEAN to everyone because you automatically assumed they'd be mean to you. It doesn't work that way human! I know plenty of attractive and popular humans that love expensive pens and even Star Wars. I've never seen Star Wars but I'm pretty sure I'd like it, and who doesn't love a nice pen? See? You could've had that in common instead of using it against people. When "popular" or "pretty" people tried to talk to you, why did you quote star wars to them in a snarky manner. Why? Why did you rattle off some psychological fact about how they're only popular because they have an intrinsic need to be liked. Not that any of this happened to me but I saw it happen a LOT. So WHY did you do that? 


You wanted to make it known that you're BETTER than them? Is that it?


Well buddy let me tell you, if you act like you're BETTER than me, I can assure you, you're not. Sure you may be better at math (Stereotyping get over it) but I'm sure I'm better at a lot of things. And just because I take care of myself doesn't mean I'm stupid. My GPA has been around 3.75 my entire life.


So what I'm saying is, give normal people a chance, awkwards, I'm just trying to be nice to you to show you that the world isn't all that bad. And if you just smile and say nice things every once in awhile instead of acting like a robot, you'd have way more friends.


AND ANOTHER THING: you can't be the person that nobody likes, and put down the person that everybody likes, nobody will be on your side - even if you think its hilarious - it will backfire, and then the whole group will throw out the idea of being nice to you.
You know who you are.


Happy rainbows!
Goose

1 comment:

  1. this entire thing is true!!! so true! I cant beleive you've never seen star wars

    twin

    ReplyDelete