Tuesday, September 21, 2010

WHEN I GROW UP

As a child we all have big dreams what we one day hope to achieve. Some are being astronauts or police men or fire men (if ever I once thought of this as a profession I wanted to get into, I lost all interest in it on 9/11 along with working in a office building). But as we grow older we become more realistic. This is my journey on trying to decided what I want to be when I grow up.

Now lets start off by saying I actually wanted to drive an ambulance, or as I know now be an emergency medical technician. I had a toy ambulance as a child and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. These dreams quickly faded. I didn't really know what was involved in the job, I just knew I wasn't getting shot at or running into burning building.

The next thing I wanted to be was a veterinarian. There was a couple problems with this.
1. Its a job that requires you to be smart.
2. I wouldn't just get to play with fun animals all day, I'd have to deal with sick ones and even kill some.
Needless to say this got a big X though I would still love to do it.

So I moved on to bigger and better dreams of a future career. I WAS GOING TO BE FAMOUS. Now I know this is hard to achieve so I decided I wouldn't be picky on how I became rich and famous I just want it. If I could sing, I'd be a singer. If I could act, I'd be an actor. If I had no talent to get me famous, I'd be on reality TV or just become OPRAH (who is now leaving TV so ABC give me a shout out I'd gladly take her place).

So how have a I done so far? Well I have not actually tried to become famous yet so I'd say I'm doing pretty good. Why? Because I have been on TV and in documentaries. While in Japan they filmed so documentary and I was there. I didn't speak, I did what I do best. I stood there and looked good. I am not sure what this was for or who would be watching it and frankly I didn't care. Give it to the North Koreans so they can see how cool us Americans are. Then in Australia I was on some "Good Day Atlanta" type TV show except it was Sydney. They were showing people all the cool things to do in Sydney, well apparently I happened to be doing one, or be at one is the better word. We were playing some warm up game for cricket and the camera crew asked us if we would like to come sit with the hosts as he talks. We were told to laugh and cheer and such (it was the Olympic steps some runner took and they had a couple people try to match the steps) I don't really know but I suppose you can call this my first speaking role.

My big break came in the spring of 2010. I was at work at Liberty Inn. It was a slow day and the only people working really were Bonnie, Montrelle and I. We got called into our managers office, "well great I'm in trouble for god knows what" was my first reaction. This is because that day I hadn't done anything wrong for once. Our manager told us we were chosen to be on Dinner Impossible! We had to be at work super early for filming (we filmed with the french and Germans). we got there and signed some papers and such (they just wanted my autograph). I was playing the part as one of Princess Tianas friends/workers or as I like to think of it as, slaves. But we had to bring Chef Roberts craw fish and okra. I had a giant pot because Montelles eyes are bigger than her arms, which was good for me because I got more TV time because of it. So we ran out there and stood by here. Then we had to run around EPCOT following this triathlete chef, and mid you the whole time my craw fish bucket is full and I'm wearing nickers and dress shows. It aired and it was pretty exciting I'll see if I could get a video up here. PS its not as easy as it looks. We took multiple takes. I posted a link because I couldn't get the embedded version to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOzjUbiZSh8

Anyway that is my story. Right now I am in college. I started of as a Biology major (I wanted to be a marine biologist) but switched to film. Then went to broadcast journalism but may go back to film. Who knows what my future holds :)

-Twin

A little side note, sorry about the lack of posts :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL omg I about peed myself reading this the entire time. You really will be famous I have no doubt at all. I also still have that show saved on my DVR and will NEVER get rid of it. It's hilarious. You crack my shit up. You ran your ass off to always be in front. Hahahaha ahhhh
    -Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I know right? I still have it saved on my DVR too. The only thing that couldve made that better was if you were there lol I'm sure you had called in the day we were cast, bc you know they would've chosed you! If theres two things Liberty Inn loved it was me and you (even though they had strange ways of showing there affection)

    ReplyDelete