Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Parking Tickets & Cable Companies

I got a parking ticket from NIU today. Lemme tell ya, that really got my goat. FIRST OF ALL, it was lodged under the HOOD OF MY CAR so I didn't see it until over 24 hours later after driving quite a bit.


SECOND OF ALL - the citation was "IMPROPER PARKING"


What is that you ask? GOOD QUESTION. I certainly don't know what it means. I went to the parking services place and basically was like "WTF LADY?" And she explains that, "the officer felt that you were over the line"


EXUSE ME? The officer FELT?! So the officer can just FEEL like giving people tickets and give them to people? I really don't know how that makes sense. I was fine on both sides, that I know for sure. I may have been too far forward by a MILLIMETER...who knows. The front bumper may have been touching the yellow.


GOD FORBID.


But Okay, FINE. So I can either try and refute it by emailing so&so @whatever and it may take awhile. But if I wait longer than today to pay then it will be $10 instead of $5. So I gave the lady 5 bucks and walked out.


Whatever. I get it. The lady didn't give me the ticket. Some douchey rent a cop did. 


But the POINT IS that I pay $5000 in tuition EVERY SINGLE SEMESTER. They charge me $200 worth of COMPUTER LAB FEES. I could BUY a brand new printer and tons of ink for that. Not to mention that I NEVER EVER use the computer lab. I also pay for the health center which I don't ever use. How about you take that $5 from one of those extemporaneous, pointless, money wasting fees?


& Listen here coppers, I can't pull out of the parking lot without children darting out from all sides (WHERE ARE THE J WALKING TICKETS?) and it takes me 20 minutes to get down ONE BLOCK after I leave class.


But it's cool, I'll pay the $5 parking ticket...


NOW the other thing that's bugging me to no end today is the internet situation over here in Malta Illinois. We had this one internet company (which sucked) and they went belly up without telling anyone. We were left high and dry.


Now we have hughes net. $70 FRICKEN DOLLARS A MONTH for internet access that is SLOWER than dial up (don't you dare believe what they say that it's 10x faster. Not for one second.) We can NOT get mediacom, we can NOT get comcast, NO CABLE COMPANIES RUN CABLES TO MY SUBDIVISION. The town of malta (which is connected to my subdivision) can get all of this. My subdivision is WIRED to get cable internet. It's just not installed or whatever.


Point is, I have to use hughes net. Satellite internet. It takes me 6 HOURS to download a movie. For $70 a month!! Comcast has high speed internet (we're talking a movie in 6 MINUTES) for like $20 a month.
IT'S NOT FAIR. SO dear COMCAST or MEDIACOM or SOMEBODY, please just give me some damn high speed internet so I can at least do my homework.


I'm going to email mediacom right now. Right this very instant.


I'll let you know how it goes.


-Goose

5 comments:

  1. Screw the cops goose! ours are dicks too. we have 500 people and like 100 spots, id give them 200 tops. and people get parking tickets for parking on the curb, my school is in the middle of a giant field and I am almost positive no1 lives in walking distance. u HAVE to drive.

    -Twin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE COLLEGES!!!!!! GRRRRR. I can not WAIT for mediacom to email me back so I can post my copy of the email. If they don't pee themselves laughing & thus give me internet, I'll eat my hat.
    -Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cops are just people in blue shirts seeking to trade them in for brown shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH and suz maybe if you didnt live in the middle of a bean stock field ud get better internet ;)

    -twin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Christopher. I'd rather them wear purple shirts.

    ReplyDelete