Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Harry's First Birthday Cake: Chocolate Layer Cake

Okay so I did my first baking from scratch experience ever while cooking Harry's First Birthday Cake (which I made for my cousin Jamee's birthday). It was fun, but I must say if I recall from the movies correctly I think it was pink frosting and not chocolate, but my recipe called for chocolate so that's what was on it. I did have a little help from my mother, who bakes cakes a lot, in order for me to actually know what I was doing but I manually did all the work.

First I got all the ingredients, everything was homemade but the green icing, I was on a time limit so I cut that little detail out.

First think I had to do was make the chocolate for the cake.

Then for the cake itself. I'd tell you what I put it in but frankly I don't feel like typing it out, this it probably flour.

Beat that stick.

This became problematic when the flour decided it was going to attach to the bowl.

Continuing.

Finally, things are coming together. This process was pretty easy but kind of a pain.


Pouring it all in.

Watch out cake boss, Reyn's in town.

Mixing.

Adding that last ingredient, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Poor them evenly into 2 pans

Time to bake!


My mother wanted me to point out that we did indeed you high class chocolate (that she bought)

By this point Jamee was going to be on her way soon, I told Kacie to stall.

That looks so good.

Adding some butter!


Finally the cakes are done, I am starting to feel as if I am on a baking show and time is running out.


I made my mom stir for I had to prepare other things.



Getting that Butter!


Making the icing

Icing the cake.

A little sloppy.

Folks the recipe told me to let it run over the edge, chill.


There tis, It does say Jamee instead of Happae Birthdae Harry. And theres a color problem, w/e.

I added the Candles bc it is a birthday cake after all.



Alas the cake is done, and I even wore an apron to make the experience seem more "real". Hopefully in the future I will be making videos of my cooking/baking from harry potter. The cake was chocolate/coffee. I thought it was pretty good. It had a very strong taste that would be good with ice cream, unless your a big chocolate and coffee lover a big piece probably isn't the best idea. I had a lot of fun making this and I hoped everyone who got to eat it liked it!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! THIS IS THE BEST! Clearly you're a better blog keeper than I am, I haven't blogged in so long. BUT I LOVE THISSSSS
    -Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I know I am the best ;)

    -Twin

    ReplyDelete