Friday, June 24, 2011

Big, Fluffy Pancakes. A Harry Potter Recipe

"In the Wizarding world this dish is called Cauldron Cakes. Harry see's them for the first time on the witch's trolley on board the Hogwarts Express in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. He generously shares with Ron, who finds his dry corned beef sandwich unappealing."


I wasn't really sure what recipe to do next, so my mom and I went through the book and picked out some that sounded good. While we were at the pool my brother bet my mom that if we could make a basket from the diving board she'd have to make pancakes. Well he made one eventually then I made two in a row.

When I found this recipe I decided I'd make the pancakes.


 So the first think we had to do was get all the ingredients, mom was assisting me today because I had never made pancakes.


Then we mixed the eggs, sugar and lemon zest.


We also have a power and baking soda combo and milk.


Then I had to mix everything together, thought that is my mom mixing it.


Got the pan ready.


I let her go first, we weren't sure how this was going to work out.


As you can see, Mom's pancake flipping skills need some work. Also I am not sure why they aren't as big and fluffy as you'd imagine.


More and more came, getting bigger not very fluffy. We couldn't get an exact circle.


This was my first attempt.


Had to be very careful, I wanted to do better then my mom.


And I did!! Nearly perfect right? I think so.


If you look at the back of the plate its obvious we had been snacking.


Cut off those edges and we have a perfect circle!


Not so much right here.


They turned out looking rather weird. Not as pretty as most pancakes.



I will say that they tasted really good. I probably used a bit to much lemon zest, they had a lemon flavor to them because of that. I am not sure why the pancakes were not big and fluffy or if this is what they consider big and fluffy.

Still it doesn't change the fact that these were really good and fairly easy to make. I don't think I'll make them again unless I just get a wild hair for homemade pancakes.

More recipes will be coming soon! One is so good that I have made them 2 times, and of the ingredients to do it again next week.

Any guesses what that may be?

Thanks for reading and suggest the blog to your friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment